July 29, 2007
A Lot Happens In One Year
A lot really happens in one year. I decided to include an album on this site, with some of my favorite first year pictures of my wonderful sweet twin daughters.
Almost a year ago, we brought Mia home from the hospital (July 26). Chris and I were so nervous. Each night, every little grumble or sound she made, we were convinced something was wrong. Until we would look into her bassinet and find her perfectly happy and content. She was an easy baby. Cate was still in the SICU (Special Infant Care Unit) at Swedish. She was still having some Brady episodes (breathing stops/heart rate drops) and not eating consistently. The doctors reassured us that she would be fine by the time we brought her home. Cate ended up coming home a couple weeks later on August 9th. Today, they're a little over 13 months old. We bought this little scooter / walker toy. Cate sat in it, while Mia pushed her forward. It was the cutest thing ever. Chris and I were beaming with pride. I can't believe they're going to be walking soon.
I also went back to work last year, after my 7 months of leave. I started a new job in January, but tomorrow, I'm turning in my resignation. Honestly, I don't know how I ever could have thought that I could do it all. It's just too hard. My days are so full and my weekends are wonderful spending time with my husband and the girls, but exhausting. There is very little down time. And something had to give. Before I made the decision to leave, I think I was the one who was paying the price. Now, I've decided that it's my job that needs to. Thus, I'm leaving Microsoft. Huge decision for us, after being there for 8 years. I've decided to go into consulting/contract work. I'm hoping it will give me more flexibility and work life balance. I'm hoping that this change will be better on my overall constitution. The last 6 months have been very hard. Let's just hope some consulting company decides to employ me. It's interesting how one can associate so much of their identify with what they do and where they work. Microsoft, was certainly part of my identify for a very long time. Thus, this decision really is quite significant for me. I'm a mother now and that is the most important role I can ever play.
Mia & Cate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment